[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10206: Cyberduck seems to store the file it is downloading from B2 in memory, leading to out of memory exceptions

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Thu Jan 25 15:31:11 UTC 2018

#10206: Cyberduck seems to store the file it is downloading from B2 in memory,
leading to out of memory exceptions
-------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  balupton  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
   Component:  core      |    Version:  6.3.4
    Severity:  major     |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel     |   Platform:
-------------------------+-------------------
 I had uploaded an 82GB sparsebundle to Backblaze B2 over 3 days. Once
 done, I then proceeded to download it to verify it had completed
 successfully. From memory I quit the app in-between, but I could be wrong.

 I left that running for the day or so, for it to get 64.29GB through the
 download, before my operating system complained it ran out of memory, as
 well as disk space (despite having 130GB or so available at the time of
 the download). I opened activity monitor at it turns out that Cybderduck
 was taking up 77GB of memory, so that is a large swap file it would have
 had (I only have 16GB of memory).

 Screenshot of the situation attached, as well as of the disk space error.

 I ended up quitting cybderduck and restarting the computer. I tried to
 resume the transfer, however I then got a permissions error, screenshot
 attached.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10206>