[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10582: Retrieve default access key from standard AWS SDK credentials for opened links

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Tue Apr 16 18:03:50 UTC 2019

#10582: Retrieve default access key from standard AWS SDK credentials for opened
links
-------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  ehbbt        |         Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  closed
 Platform:  macOS 10.14  |
-------------------------+---------------------------

Comment (by ehbbt):

 Using that format does work for me, yay!

 Unfortunately it does not align with what the AWS python client
 (https://aws.amazon.com/cli/) uses, and we also use that.  Specifically we
 send out an `aws s3...` command line, and the `s3://...` portion is
 generally rendered as a clickable URI, so people can either copy the
 command line or click the URI to do the download.

 It'd be nice if CyberDuck and "aws s3" aligned, but that would mean that
 S3 URI handling in CyberDuck would be different from all the other URIs
 that you support (and that doesn't seem like a good idea right off).

 I'll see what I can do here to make something that can tweak the URI and
 pass it along, that might work for us.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10582#comment:12>