[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10582: Clicking on an s3://PATH/TO/FILE URL requires user to re-enter access keys every time even if access keys have been saved in ~/.aws/credentials and the Keychain

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Feb 4 18:31:03 UTC 2019

#10582: Clicking on an s3://PATH/TO/FILE URL requires user to re-enter access keys
every time even if access keys have been saved in ~/.aws/credentials and
the Keychain
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  ehbbt        |         Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  assigned
 Platform:  macOS 10.14  |
-------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by ehbbt):

 Replying to [comment:3 dkocher]:
 > This should work if you include the access key in the URI such as
 `s3://ACCESSKEY at container/PATH/TO/FILE`.

 Good to know, though that will not work for our use case.  We are looking
 to send out or post s3:// URLs for our internal users so they can get
 access to files.  We will not know their access keys so, nor can we send a
 single email to multiple people and have this work.

 Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to help out.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10582#comment:4>