[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10716: mounting or mapping the remote NAS/Cloud newtwork drive as a seamless local static hard drive in mountainduck

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Wed May 29 22:18:22 UTC 2019

#10716: mounting or mapping the remote NAS/Cloud newtwork drive as a seamless local
static hard drive in mountainduck
------------------------+------------------------------------------
    Reporter:  sunsina  |      Owner:
        Type:  feature  |     Status:  new
   Component:  core     |    Version:  6.9.4
    Severity:  normal   |   Keywords:  local harddisk, static disk,
Architecture:  Intel    |   Platform:  Windows 10
------------------------+------------------------------------------
 I would like to see the possibility of connecting/mounting/mapping the NAS
 or remote drives as a local (static harddrive) hard disk so
 the picky software such as AcronisTrueImage2019 should not find out the
 mapped drive as a network drive otherwise it will ask for non
 existing credentials which hinders the user to use the mapped mountainduck
 drive as a Target Harddisk for the purpose of disk image backup.

 In addition there are many software out there that are very picky on the
 type of the mapped (such as B:,E:,...) drive in windows and they do not
 work on those drive if they find out those drive are network mapped drive.

 The feature that I would like to see is the mapped drive in the mountain
 duck should act as a local harddisk drive

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10716>