[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10834: Large files are immediately deleted the moment uploading finishes, in an infinite loop

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Oct 7 03:33:03 UTC 2019

#10834: Large files are immediately deleted the moment uploading finishes, in an
infinite loop
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  binba        |         Owner:
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  new
 Platform:  macOS 10.13  |
-------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by binba:

Old description:

> This one has me astonished... Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Upload a large file.
> 2. Upload reaches 100.0%.
> 3. Cyberduck deletes the remote file it just uploaded, and restarts the
> upload (this time at a speed that is several times slower than the
> available bandwidth and original speed, for some reason).
>
> My guess is that the threshold is 2GB: I uploaded a 1.1GB file that did
> not exhibit that behavior, followed by a 3.2GB file that did.
>
> I have experienced this behavior in two different systems working with
> different files and different FTP servers.
> - Cyberduck 6.9.4 on OS X 10.10.5, via FTP.
> - Cyberduck 7.1.0 on OS X 10.13.6, via FTPS.
> Same behavior.
>
> This has been reproducible, happens every time to me.
>
> Tried with "upload with temporary filename" both enabled and disabled -
> same behavior.
> "Always overwrite when reloading" has always been disabled, and "Existing
> files" is set to "Prompt".
>
> I assume applying the rest of the report and troubleshooting to 7.1.0 on
> OS X 10.13.6. It's the system I have access to. I also "own" the FTP
> server (shared hosting) which can help with troubleshooting.
>

> Only workaround I found is... to use FileZilla. It doesn't exhibit this
> problem at all, with the same files and FTP server.
> Needless to say, this is pretty insane/maddening. But I've been loyal to
> Cyberduck for years and am willing to help troubleshooting this.
>
> Log attached as file.

New description:

Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10834#comment:1>