[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11034: Cannot create archive - returns "Connection failed" dialog box that reads "Request failed."

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Thu Apr 23 19:47:10 UTC 2020

#11034: Cannot create archive - returns "Connection failed" dialog box that reads
"Request failed."
----------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  oceanjeremy  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
   Component:  core         |    Version:  7.3.0
    Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
Architecture:               |   Platform:
----------------------------+-------------------
 First off, I can't give you a transcript from ''View → Toggle Log Drawer''
 because that option doesn't exist in my version of Cyberduck. In fact,
 according to https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/104 the log drawer was
 discontinued in 2006. More than fourteen years ago.

 But I can tell you what my issue is!

 What I'm trying to do:
 * Create an archive of a file on the server.

 What happens:
 * It returns a "Connection failed" dialog box that reads "Request failed."
 * It shows a spinning wheel of death next to the command on the bottom
 line.

 Before you ask:
 * Yes I'm logged in SFTP / SSH.
 * Yes my server has a zip executable, at /usr/bin/zip

 What I think might be the problem: Take a look at the command that
 Cyberduck sends to my server:
    "cd /www\.nynbt\.org/web/content; zip -qr
 /www\.nynbt\.org/web/content/wp\-login\.php.zip wp\-login\.php"

 I'm just an amateur when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I did notice
 that the command does not escape the period between "php.zip" ... could
 that be the issue?

 Or is it something else? What's going on?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11034>