[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11143: we cannot access to S3 Object Storage Scaleway with Cyberduck software, could you please help us ?

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Aug 17 13:12:32 UTC 2020

#11143: we cannot access to S3 Object Storage Scaleway with Cyberduck software,
could you please help us ?
------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  Cinestaf    |         Owner:
     Type:  defect      |        Status:  new
 Platform:  Windows 10  |
------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by dkocher:

Old description:

> Hi,
>
> we just download your Cyberduck software and try to connect it with a
> bucket Object Storage created and manage by SCALEWAY French hoster. We
> followed all tutorial describe in your website and generate a file name
> "scaleway.cyberduckprofile" with all informations as specified as
> following :
>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
> "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
> <plist version="1.0">
>     <dict>
>         <key>Protocol</key>
>         <string>s3</string>
>         <key>Vendor</key>
>         <string>poc</string>
>         <key>Description</key>
>         <string>avantcam-source.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud</string>
>         <key>Default Hostname avantcam-source</key>
>         <string>avantcam-source.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud</string>
>         <key>Default Port</key>
>         <string>443</string>
>         <key>Username Placeholder</key>
>         <string>Access Key XYXY....</string>
>         <key>Password Placeholder</key>
>         <string>Secret Key ZZZZ....</string>
>         <key>Authorization</key>
>         <string>AWS4HMACSHA256</string>
>         <key>Region PAR</key>
>         <string>fr-par</string>
>         <key>Regions</key>
>         <array>
>             <string>fr-par</string>
>         </array>
>     </dict>
> </plist>
>
> we try to launch this file configuration user account
> "scaleway.cyberduckprofile" with your Cyberduck Sotware but nothing
> happen after cyberduck start.
> Obviously we try also to configure manualy S3 new type account with "open
> connexion" in your Cyberduck User Interface. We set url target Object
> Storage hosted by Scaleway : avantcam-source.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud and also
> put Public and Private key access to the bucket but after this Cyberduck
> try to connect to the bucket but only message "try to connect" is display
> and folder are not display in Cyberduck interface.
> We send several mail to Scaleway support team but they answer to us that
> they are not the editor of Cyberduck software and cannot do nothing for
> us. They also say to us that apparently our file configuration user
> account "scaleway.cyberduckprofile" is good but they don't know and
> cannot explain us why your cyberduck sofware didn't speak and work with
> theres S3 Object Storage service online.
> Could you please help us to solve this issue because we are actualy stop
> in our validation test with Cyberduck software ?
> Thank you in advance for your help,
> Have a good weekend,
> Read you soon,
> Sinpraseuth - CINESTAF Company

New description:

 Hi,

 we just download your Cyberduck software and try to connect it with a
 bucket Object Storage created and manage by SCALEWAY French hoster. We
 followed all tutorial describe in your website and generate a file name
 "scaleway.cyberduckprofile" with all informations as specified as
 following :

 {{{
[...]

 }}}

Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11143#comment:1>