[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10974: Are there any options for the "Compare" behavior when upload / download / mirror?

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Thu Feb 20 14:15:31 UTC 2020

#10974: Are there any options for the "Compare" behavior when upload / download /
mirror?
--------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  tufong123  |      Owner:
        Type:  feature    |     Status:  new
   Component:  core       |    Version:  7.2.5
    Severity:  normal     |   Keywords:
Architecture:             |   Platform:
--------------------------+-------------------
 Hi,\\
 \\
 Currently using Cyberduck to sync my folders (>100GB) with google drive
 (in encrypted vaults).\\
 Everytime just a few files in the local folders are modified, but
 Cyberduck will takes so long to compute the MD5 hash of all contents of in
 the folders.\\
 in\\
 [https://trac.cyberduck.io/wiki/help/en/howto/transfer#Compare]
 \\says the "Compare" function will compare the checksum if available, then
 the modification date.\\
 Are there any possibilities of customizing the options of "Compare"
 behavior (e.g. filesize or checksum, then the modification date, newer or
 older)? Or any simple way to update the copy in the cloud without hashing
 every bytes in the whole folders?\\
 \\
 Besides, a bit confused about the "Mirror / Upload / Download" behavior.\\
 [https://trac.cyberduck.io/wiki/help/en/howto/sync#MirrorFiles]\\
 The description says these operations will either create or replace the
 files. What happens if I rename, move, or delete the files?
 Are there any ways that automatically identify the deleted files and
 remove them in the other copy accordingly? (similar to FreeFileSync).\\
 \\
 Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10974>