[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11112: Document "x-cyberduck-action:" protocol or add a scheme for opening a saved server by name

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Sat Jul 18 10:40:53 UTC 2020

#11112: Document "x-cyberduck-action:" protocol or add a scheme for opening a saved
server by name
---------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  tempelmann  |      Owner:
        Type:  feature     |     Status:  new
   Component:  website     |    Version:  7.4.1
    Severity:  normal      |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel       |   Platform:
---------------------------+-------------------
 I have Cyberduck set up with several of my web servers, usually accessing
 them via ssh: protocol.

 Now I wanted to have a script (or even a markdown doc) of mine to invoke
 Cyberduck and open one of those saved servers.

 But I can't figure out how. I cannot use a "ssh:" url to the server
 because that'll open a different app that's defaulting for ssh (i.e.
 Terminal.app). So, what I need is a special URL protocol provided by
 Cyberduck to tell it to open my site.

 I see that there's the "x-cyberduck-action" scheme, but I cannot find any
 docs on that. Searching only reveals refs to OAUTH.

 So, can x-cyberduck-action do more? If so, could you please add the docs
 here? Or tell me more here and I'll make an effort to doc it.

 Or can't it currently be done? Then please turn this into a feature
 request for adding a new cyberduck scheme where I can provide commands
 such as open (arg: name of server + local path), download (src path on
 server, dest path on local system), upload, etc.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11112>