[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11038: PUTs fail to S3 with Request Error: Header "x-amz-content-sha256" set to the hex-encoded SHA256 hash ... AWS Version 4

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Sat May 23 15:28:36 UTC 2020

#11038: PUTs fail to S3 with Request Error: Header "x-amz-content-sha256" set to
the hex-encoded SHA256 hash ... AWS Version 4
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  jamshid      |         Owner:
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  new
 Platform:  macOS 10.15  |
-------------------------+----------------------

Old description:

> Something must be wrong with my macOS install? Writing a 100M file to
> Amazon S3 fails with:
>
> Request Error: Header "x-amz-content-sha256" set to the hex-encoded
> SHA256 hash of the request payload is required for AWS Version 4 request
> signing, please set this on: PUT
> https://X.s3.amazonaws.com:443/test/duck_100M HTTP/1.1. Please contact
> your web hosting service provider for assistance.
>
> I've reinstalled and confirmed Cyberduck 7.1.0 does not have this
> problem.
>
> "defaults read ch.sudo.cyberduck" shows:
>     "s3.location" = "us-west-2";
>     "s3.signature.version" = AWS4HMACSHA256;

New description:

 Something must be wrong with my macOS install? Writing a 100M file to
 Amazon S3 fails with:

 {{{
 Request Error: Header "x-amz-content-sha256" set to the hex-encoded SHA256
 hash of the request payload is required for AWS Version 4 request signing,
 please set this on: PUT https://X.s3.amazonaws.com:443/test/duck_100M
 HTTP/1.1. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance.

 }}}

--

Comment (by dkocher):

 I cannot reproduce this error. Can you please [wiki:help/en/faq#macOS3
 provide some log output].

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11038#comment:1>