[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11196: Failure to read attributes on S3 downloads (400 Bad Request on HEAD /DIR/file)

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Nov 30 20:24:40 UTC 2020

#11196: Failure to read attributes on S3 downloads (400 Bad Request on HEAD
/DIR/file)
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  paolieri     |         Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  reopened
 Platform:  macOS 10.15  |
-------------------------+-------------------------

Comment (by dkocher):

 Replying to [comment:12 dkocher]:
 > Replying to [comment:9 francoisj]:
 > > I have also problems when using buckets in eu-west-3 with Version
 7.7.0 (33744)

 > > When using the default "S3 HTTPS" profile and using my-
 bucket.s3.amazonaws.com as server name, I can open a connection to the
 bucket, list files and upload some but it fails when trying to download
 any files (even the one I just uploaded) with a "Failure to read
 attributes". The 400 is due to "us-east-1" used as a region in AWSv4
 signature on a HEAD request against the my-bucket.s3.amazonaws.com. All
 other requests seems good but not this one.

 I can confirm this finding.

 {{{
 <Error><Code>AuthorizationHeaderMalformed</Code><Message>The authorization
 header is malformed; the region 'us-east-1' is wrong; expecting 'eu-
 west-3'</Message><Region>eu-
 west-3</Region><RequestId>976585D82B3A2013</RequestId><HostId>CA9d8EJFYNh6J7ewB0mf1Q1WhP29jRFsAt1rCDqympfWlOI6RzIiDFBL3GL2wXiNIWbMF5/KXHA=</HostId></Error>
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11196#comment:16>