[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11196: Failure to read attributes on S3 downloads (400 Bad Request on HEAD /DIR/file)

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Thu Oct 8 19:48:27 UTC 2020

#11196: Failure to read attributes on S3 downloads (400 Bad Request on HEAD
/DIR/file)
-------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  paolieri     |         Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect       |        Status:  new
 Platform:  macOS 10.15  |
-------------------------+------------------------

Comment (by paolieri):

 The bucket is in the us-west-2 region (Oregon).

 We always used the default hostname s3.amazonaws.com, but
 - With the bucket name in the path (s3://my-bucket.s3.amazonaws.com/my-
 bucket) downloads work
 - Without the bucket name (s3://my-bucket.s3.amazonaws.com) we can connect
 and explore the bucket, but then downloads fail

 The logs above show the Host header sent:

 {{{
 Cyberduck: (libcore.dylib) [ch.sudo.cyberduck:transcript] Host: my-
 bucket.s3.amazonaws.com
 }}}

 (the bucket name was replaced with my-bucket for privacy reasons)

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11196#comment:3>