[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11164: .pem key fails for SFTP to AWS EC2 with 'Exhausted available authentication methods.'

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Wed Sep 9 09:04:57 UTC 2020

#11164: .pem key fails for SFTP to AWS EC2 with 'Exhausted available authentication
methods.'
-----------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  mrkrsl  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
   Component:  core    |    Version:  7.5.1
    Severity:  normal  |   Keywords:
Architecture:  Intel   |   Platform:
-----------------------+-------------------
 Hello,

 Cyberduck no longer allows me to SFTP into my AWS EC2 instance using a
 standard `.pem` key created from the AWS dashboard. The same setup and
 .pem key file worked without issue in previous versions of Cyberduck.

 Login now consistently fails with the following error:

 `Login failed. Exhausted available authentication methods. Could not read
 key pair from: [PrivateKeyReaderResource] `

 The .pem key in question is valid/working. I can successfully log into the
 instance using SSH/SFTP on the command line with this exact key:

 `sftp -i "/users/mark/.ssh/aws.pem" [user]@[IP].eu-
 west-2.compute.amazonaws.com`

 The key resides in the default ~/.ssh directory.

 Here's my Cyberduck connection setup:

 `Server: [IP].eu-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com`

 `Username: [user]`

 `Password: [blank]`

 `SSH Private Key: ~/.ssh/aws.pem`

 I'm using Cyberduck 7.5.1 (33324) on Mac OS X 10.15.6, currently putting
 individual files up manually in Terminal! Any help looking into this much
 appreciated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11164>