[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #10849: Uploading to OneDrive Cryptomator vault is extremely slow if there are many files

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Fri Apr 2 09:27:30 UTC 2021

#10849: Uploading to OneDrive Cryptomator vault is extremely slow if there are many
files
-------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  rootie       |         Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |        Status:  new
 Platform:  macOS 10.15  |
-------------------------+--------------------

Comment (by panrag227):

 Yep, this is absolutely a defect, not a "enhancement". The software is
 unusable at this moment with OneDrive and basically over 1000 smallish
 files. Just went back and used the original OneDrive desktop client and
 Cryptomator desktop and it got my 20,000 files synced within an hour or
 two while Mountainduck and Cyberduck get stuck uploading for several more
 hours even if you have as few as 500 files! It's insane, absolutely is an
 issue with OneDrive syncing. I don't know whether to blame how slow it is
 to transfer many small files into a cryptomator vault on my awful computer
 or on Mountain Duck/Cyberduck though, Cryptomator desktop app seems to be
 blazing fast though. It's so weird. I was trialing this software for 2
 weeks, it seemed alright with smaller things but it just can't handle a
 photo library, and I still went out and bought it today. I really didn't
 expect it to fail so hard today :/

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/10849#comment:7>