[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11581: Downloads of 850MB or larger files fail on S3 with "access denied" error when "Segmented downloads with multiple connections per file" is checked

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Feb 8 22:13:56 UTC 2021

#11581: Downloads of 850MB or larger files fail on S3 with "access denied" error
when "Segmented downloads with multiple connections per file" is checked
-------------------------+--------------------------------
    Reporter:  martin_w  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect    |     Status:  new
   Component:  core      |    Version:  7.8.2
    Severity:  normal    |   Keywords:  segmented download
Architecture:  Intel     |   Platform:  Windows 10
-------------------------+--------------------------------
 With the default setting (under '''Preferences... Transfers... General'''
 tab, ''Downloads section'') `"Segmented downloads with multiple
 connections per file"` is '''checked''', attempting to download a file
 larger than about 850MB fails after just a few seconds with an "Access
 Denied" error. Files 800MB or smaller are able to download successfully.

 When I '''uncheck''' the `"Segmented downloads with multiple connections
 per file"` setting, I am able to download large files (850MB to 3GB
 range).

 My guess is that this error is occurring when trying to open multiple
 local files for the different download file pieces under Windows. Too many
 files open, or too many connections? It is not an issue with the S3 access
 permissions. All object permissions in the S3 bucket are the same.

 Side notes: I tried to turn on debug logging by adding ''logging=debug''
 in a newly created ''default.properties'' file in the
 ''%APPDATA%\Cyberduck'' folder, and although a ''cyberduck.log'' file was
 created, the file remained empty. Also, under Windows the "Access Denied"
 dialog does not allow you to copy and paste the message details, so I am
 attaching screenshots of the details as a PDF.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11581>