[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11726: Error pop-up from the installer for Cyberduck-Installer-7.9.1.34974.exe on Windows 10

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Sat Jul 10 15:36:02 UTC 2021

#11726: Error pop-up from the installer for Cyberduck-Installer-7.9.1.34974.exe on
Windows 10
-------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  clach04                  |         Owner:
     Type:  defect                   |        Status:  new
 Platform:  Windows 10               |
-------------------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by dkocher:

Old description:

> (Minor) Bug report with the installer for Cyberduck-
> Installer-7.9.1.34974.exe on Windows 10.
>
> I get an error pop-up near the end of installation:
>
>     Warning 1946.Property 'System.AppUserModel.ID' for shortcut
> Cyberduck.lnk' could not be set.
>
> Other than that, install appears to be fine (shortcut works).
>
> As a quick test I installed into an old Windows 8.1 test machine and it
> worked fine without any errors during install. I don't need a fix, this
> is an FYI.
>

> Also posted
> https://groups.google.com/g/cyberduck/c/N9zpEbZhEHk/m/eetbyXlOAgAJ

New description:

 (Minor) Bug report with the installer for Cyberduck-
 Installer-7.9.1.34974.exe on Windows 10.

 I get an error pop-up near the end of installation:

 {{{
     Warning 1946.Property 'System.AppUserModel.ID' for shortcut
 Cyberduck.lnk' could not be set.
 }}}

Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11726#comment:1>