[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11705: S3 bookmark to path within bucket hangs when there are many past object versions at that location

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Thu Jun 10 19:11:07 UTC 2021

#11705: S3 bookmark to path within bucket hangs when there are many past object
versions at that location
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  jamiejackson  |         Owner:
     Type:  defect        |        Status:  new
 Platform:  macOS 10.15   |
--------------------------+----------------------
Description changed by jamiejackson:

Old description:

> From what I can tell, cyberduck will spin indefinitely (30+ minutes) when
> a bookmark has a path specified, when the path has lots (many thousands)
> of past object versions, even when there are no or few current versions
> at that path.
>
> However, using a bookmark with no path (one which starts with a listing
> of all _buckets_), when you drill down to the path, it works fine.

New description:

 From what I can tell, cyberduck will spin indefinitely (30+ minutes) when
 a bookmark has a path specified, when the path has lots (many thousands)
 of past object versions, even when there are no or few current versions at
 that path. (In other words the "directory" could have no actual objects in
 it when viewed with `aws s3 ls`.)

Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11705#comment:1>