[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11895: Mountain Duck Unexpected Behavior Compromises Integrity of Files in Cloud Storage

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Wed Nov 3 18:14:33 UTC 2021

#11895: Mountain Duck Unexpected Behavior Compromises Integrity of Files in Cloud
Storage
----------------------------+------------------------
    Reporter:  ducknewbie   |      Owner:
        Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
   Component:  googledrive  |    Version:  8.0.0
    Severity:  major        |   Keywords:
Architecture:               |   Platform:  Windows 10
----------------------------+------------------------
 Used Mountain Duck v4.7.2, which I recently licensed, to mount Google
 Drive (with Cryptomator) while traveling to read and write files directly
 without sync to local drive, which is left at home.  It is configured this
 way because I use Google Drive primarily (although not exclusively) as a
 backup of my external hard disk at home.  Disruption of internet connect
 would cause open files on Google Drive to be corrupted and become
 unreadable.  Disruptions have also caused an entire folder to disappear
 without a trace.  I have had to restore these files when I got home by
 sync'ing the same from my external disk back to Google Drive.

 First, I wouldn't expect open files to get corrupted only because an
 internet connection is interrupted but this happens each and every time.
 Second, I wouldn't expect folders to disappear for no reason.

 If these are expected behaviors, I'd be better off using Cyberduck, which
 is free, only to download files for offline use rather than using the paid
 Mountain Duck program, which is suppose to allow me to mount and use cloud
 storage much like a local drive.

 Please let me know what I should expect in terms of resolution.  Thank
 you!

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11895>