[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #11836: Listing contents of iRODS folder retrieves attributes of everything under parent folder

Cyberduck trac at cyberduck.io
Mon Oct 4 21:44:12 UTC 2021

#11836: Listing contents of iRODS folder retrieves attributes of everything under
parent folder
-----------------------+--------------------
    Reporter:  tedgin  |      Owner:
        Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
   Component:  irods   |    Version:  7.10.0
    Severity:  normal  |   Keywords:
Architecture:          |   Platform:
-----------------------+--------------------
 When a person uses Cyberduck to list the contents of their home folder {{{
 /zone/home/person }}}, Cyberduck retrieves the attributes of everything
 under the parent folder {{{ /zone/home }}} before correctly listing the
 contents of the home folder. At CyVerse, which has over 90,000 folders
 under {{{ /iplant/home }}}, this operation takes about four minutes.

 CyVerse is using iRODS 4.2.8. The issue appears to be in at least
 Cyberduck 7.10.0+. The issue appears to be a new one. Someone using
 version 7.7.2 of Cyberduck had no issues.

 I reproduced this issue using the following duck execution and recorded a
 debug log from it. I also used Wireshark to capture the network traffic.
 I'm attaching the debug log and PCAP fles.

 {{{ ? duck --debug --list=iplant:///iplant/home/tedgin/ > duck.log }}}

 I spent a good deal of time looking at Cyberduck and Jargon code.  I
 couldn't find the exact issue, but I was able to narrow it down.  It
 appears happen when retrieving the attributes {{{ /iplant/home/tedgin }}}
 or afterwards, but before listing the folder's contents.. See lines 1230
 and 34045 of {{{ duck.log }}}.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/11836>