[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5102: Synchronize Upload also downloads

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Sat Aug 14 15:32:14 CEST 2010

#5102: Synchronize Upload also downloads
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawnd9asfm5sa4wamo0erhoogq7cxykt9_do  |        Owner:  dkocher
        Type:  defect                                                                            |       Status:  new
Architecture:  Intel                                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment (by https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawnd9asfm5sa4wamo0erhoogq7cxykt9_do):

 I took a more detailed look and it appears that the problem is slightly
 less severe. It does not download files but only the directory structure.
 I.e. it reconstructs the directory tree on the local site but with empty
 directories. Still I think this is fundamentally wrong for two reasons:
 1. Upload should make NO changes to the local files. Even as in most cases
 empty directories are harmless there can be situations where an extra
 directory, though empty, has a semantic meaning.
 2. It appears that Cyberduck is also making listings of remote directories
 that are not present in the local tree. I guess this is the reason that it
 creates the local directories: to have the same structure on both sides.
 Anyway, I am on a slow internet connection, so it takes hours to make the
 remote listing, and a lot of it is useless because there is no local
 counterpart, if the local tree contains only a small update to the remote
 tree, as it is in my case. I think it should skip those remote directories
 that are not in the local tree.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5102#comment:1>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>