[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5586: UnsupportedClassVersionError

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Thu Dec 23 14:46:33 CET 2010

#5586: UnsupportedClassVersionError
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawmzjwsjlt1dqmrmsn6ss6yutv2n5wdixhw  |        Owner:
        Type:  defect                                                                            |       Status:  reopened
Architecture:  Intel                                                                             |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Comment (by dkocher):

 Replying to [comment:14 jnd]:
 > On line 88 of ch.cyberduck.ui.cocoa.MainApplication.main you call
 `Rendezvous.register()` which triggers the loading of a class that fails
 with ''UnsupportedClassVersionError''. Do you think this is due to
 something you've bundled, or is it likely that our Java 5 installations
 are trying to load something from Java 6? I will investigate further but
 I'm not familiar with Bonjour implementations.

 That explains it. We ship a Rendezvous implementation compiled with Java 5
 compatibility in `dns_sd.jar` inside the application bundle. However, the
 same classes are available by default in the Java installation by Apple
 and take precedence when loading the classes as they reside in
 `/System/Library/Java/Extensions/dns_sd.jar`.

 Because Java 5 is not officially supported on your system (Mac OS X 10.6),
 this archive is compiled against Java 6 which comes bundled. You can
 either remove this archive (don't know of other side effects, though) or
 [wiki:help/en/howto/preferences#DisableBonjoursupport disable Bonjour
 support] in Cyberduck.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.cyberduck.ch/ticket/5586#comment:15>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.ch>