[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #5239: Cannot connect to Amazon S3 (I/O Request: Connection Failed - Request Error)

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.ch
Tue Sep 28 20:08:07 CEST 2010

#5239: Cannot connect to Amazon S3 (I/O Request: Connection Failed - Request
Error)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=aitoawnuslsj0omptnilptbjmoouhffiiyi1z-u  |          Owner:  dkocher
     Type:  defect                                                                            |         Status:  new
Component:  core                                                                              |        Version:  3.6.1
 Severity:  major                                                                             |       Keywords:  s3 connection error I/O request
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.6                                                                     |   Architecture:  Intel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 I have been using 3.5.1 with no issues to connect to S3.  When I upgraded
 to 3.6.1, none of my S3 bookmarks would work, nor could I manually
 connect.  When I try to connect, all attempts fail with an error message
 that reads:  "I/O Error:  Connection failed - Request Error."  The log
 window shows many GET requests, but all to: "URL http://s3.amazonaws.com/
 HTTP/1.1", not to the full URL of my account.

 All connections were made as type 'Amazon S3', using Access Key ID for
 username and Secret Access Key for password.  The path attempted doesn't
 seem to make a difference ('/' or sub paths).

 Downgrading to CyberDuck 3.5.1 fixed the problem with no change to any
 pref files or bookmarks - all connections open and behave normally.

 Transcript of log drawer from a single 3.6.1 connection attempt (auth info
 redacted, naturally):

 ---cut---

 GET https://s3.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1