[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8062: Preferences won't change after modify or remove the "ch.sudo.cyberduck.plist"

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Jun 26 14:27:53 UTC 2014

#8062: Preferences won't change after modify or remove the
"ch.sudo.cyberduck.plist"
---------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  mmminimano     |         Owner:
     Type:  defect         |        Status:  closed
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.9  |
---------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by dkocher):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:7 mmminimano]:
 > Replying to [comment:5 dkocher]:
 > > You must always manipulate the `plist` with the `defaults` command.
 Editing the file manually will give you random results as the file is
 managed by the system.

 > I didn't manipulate the plist with the defaults command, I just simply
 replace the old plist with new one in Finder, and Cyberduck read the old
 preferences from other location instead from the supposed location
 "~/Library/Preferences/"

 > I encounter this since I transfer the old iMac Cyberduck preferences to
 new iMac, I fresh launched the Cyberduck on new iMac before copy the old
 iMac plist into new iMac Preferences folder first, than I can't load back
 the old iMac Cyberduck preferences...I delete Cyberduck and plist and
 "~/Library/Application Support/Cyberduck", but new iMac settings still
 keep exist when I moved a new copy of Cyberduck into Application and
 launch it...

 Thanks for additional comment. We do not manipulate the preference
 ourselves but only through the system frameworks provided. Therefore there
 is not much I can do here expect to advice to quit ''Cyberduck'' before
 replacing the preferences.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8062#comment:9>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.io>