[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #8062: Preferences won't change after modify or remove the "ch.sudo.cyberduck.plist"

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Jun 26 14:32:42 UTC 2014

#8062: Preferences won't change after modify or remove the
"ch.sudo.cyberduck.plist"
---------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  mmminimano     |         Owner:
     Type:  defect         |        Status:  closed
 Platform:  Mac OS X 10.9  |
---------------------------+---------------------------

Comment (by mmminimano):

 Replying to [comment:9 dkocher]:
 > Replying to [comment:7 mmminimano]:
 > > Replying to [comment:5 dkocher]:
 > > > You must always manipulate the `plist` with the `defaults` command.
 Editing the file manually will give you random results as the file is
 managed by the system.

 > > I didn't manipulate the plist with the defaults command, I just simply
 replace the old plist with new one in Finder, and Cyberduck read the old
 preferences from other location instead from the supposed location
 "~/Library/Preferences/"

 > > I encounter this since I transfer the old iMac Cyberduck preferences
 to new iMac, I fresh launched the Cyberduck on new iMac before copy the
 old iMac plist into new iMac Preferences folder first, than I can't load
 back the old iMac Cyberduck preferences...I delete Cyberduck and plist and
 "~/Library/Application Support/Cyberduck", but new iMac settings still
 keep exist when I moved a new copy of Cyberduck into Application and
 launch it...

 > Thanks for additional comment. We do not manipulate the preference
 ourselves but only through the system frameworks provided. Therefore there
 is not much I can do here expect to advice to quit ''Cyberduck'' before
 replacing the preferences.

 I just don't understand why Cyberduck don't read the preferences plist
 from Preferences folder from app start...(It did when it first time
 launch, I think maybe there no settings cached in systems...)

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/8062#comment:10>
Cyberduck <http://cyberduck.io>