[Cyberduck-trac] [Cyberduck] #9010: FTP Connections not working through proxy when "Use system proxy settings" checked

Cyberduck trac at trac.cyberduck.io
Thu Sep 17 18:43:19 UTC 2015

#9010: FTP Connections not working through proxy when "Use system proxy settings"
checked
----------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  ducklips  |         Owner:
     Type:  defect    |        Status:  closed
 Platform:            |
----------------------+---------------------------

Comment (by ducklips):

 Replying to [comment:10 ducklips]:
 > Replying to [comment:8 dkocher]:
 > > Replying to [comment:5 ducklips]:
 > > > It turns out that having an FTP proxy configured is no longer needed
 when on the HP Intranet.  But having the "FTP" proxy checkbox in the
 Proxies tab of the network adapter's Advanced settings checked or
 unchecked, the behavior observed in Cyberduck is the same.

 > > > I did just try unchecking SOCKS, and when that is unchecked then
 Cyberduck will connect.  So I guess Cyberduck is failing over to using
 SOCKS, and that is causing the issue.

 > > > I still don't understand why unchecking the Cyberduck preference for
 "Use system proxy settings" doesn't let me manually set proxy settings in
 Cyberduck. (I can file a separate ticket for this if needed.

 > > Do you imply that we should ignore the `SOCKS` proxy setting for FTP
 connections?

 > I'm not sure how you might want to handle the condition where the FTP
 proxy is not enabled but the SOCKS proxy is configured and enabled.  It
 seems like an odd and probably annoying corner case.  I suppose you could
 try direct connection first and then try SOCKS or the other way around in
 any retries.

 > Perhaps I should let this one go.  But I'm going to file a separate
 ticket for the issue that when "Use system proxy settings" is unchecked,
 there seems to be no UI presented by Cyberduck to locally configure its
 own proxy settings.

 New ticket for Cyberduck native proxy settings UI issue:
 https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9018

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.cyberduck.io/ticket/9010#comment:12>